Eduardo Cerda, 17, identified as victim of Toppenish homicide

WASHINGTON, USA – The child whose body was found shot dead in Toppenish on Sunday has been positively acknowledged by authorities. Yakima County Coroner Jim Curtice said results of an autopsy performed on 17-year-old Eduardo Cerda revealed he died from a gunshot wound to his chest. Cerda was discovered by Yakima County sheriff’s deputies around 1:35 a.m. Sunday in the 500 block of South Alder Street, according to a sheriff’s office spokesperson named Casey Schilperoort. The deputies were responding to a call to help Toppenish Police.

The investigation is being led by Toppenish Police, and authorities did not respond to phone calls at the time this article was published. According to available data, Cerda was convicted of possession of a handgun in Yakima County, Washington, Juvenile Court in 2020. This year marks the 16th homicide in the county and the third in the city. . Toppenish borders. Anyone who may have information regarding this investigation is asked to call the Toppenish Police Department at (509) 865-1629. Additionally, information can be provided to Yakima County Crime Stoppers by calling (800) 222-8477.

Reportedly, a one-year-old child from Washington state died after being left in a car for nine hours in a hospital parking lot. According to KING 5, citing the Puyallup Police Department, the event occurred on May 24 after the child’s adoptive mother arrived for work at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, became distracted and forgot that the child was in the vehicle.

“This is a tragic incident and our thoughts are with the family and everyone affected by this,” Puyallup Police Department Captain Don Bourbon told the station. “And I just want the public to know that during this time of year when it’s starting to get warmer, just be mindful of the rising temperatures and the safety of our families.” After finding her baby in the car later that day, the mother rushed the youngster to the hospital, Bourbon said, in an effort to save him. Fox 13 reports that investigators found the toddler was in the car for nine hours.

The child’s mother is a social worker at the hospital, according to the station, and despite the low 70s temperature outside, the automobile reached over 100 degrees inside. “A tragic incident involving an employee and his child occurred on the Good Samaritan campus on Wednesday,” a hospital spokesperson told KING 5. Several other members of our team were also affected by the incident. . To help our staff, MultiCare has provided several different options. Our hearts go out to all those affected.

Speaking to The Olympian, Puyallup Police Department spokesman Ryan Portmann described the event involving the 47-year-old woman and her child as a “terrible and awful situation” which happened by ” a hot day”. This is the sixth death this year involving children found in heated cars; all were 4 years old or younger.

Related Articles

Back to top button