Dallmida’s Titanic submersible was scrapped due to ‘malfunction’, just days before 5 people died

A YouTube user revealed he almost lost his life after his trip on the identical OceanGate submarine was cut short just days before it exploded.

Jake Koehler, aka Dalmead, took a short trip aboard the Titan, only to be told he was unable to discover the wreck of the Titanic due to “malfunctions”.

The self-proclaimed “treasure hunter” was scheduled to dive 4,000 feet to the North Atlantic seabed, but communication problems and harsh climatic conditions forced it to be canceled at the last minute.

He only took one look at the dive during a skillful 3,000-foot dive and declared that he felt like he was dodging a bullet when the hard reality set in that he might be dead.

On Friday, he shared a haunting video of his time on board, zooming in on the infamous online gaming controller used to control the 22-foot-long submarine.

Jake Koehler, aka Dalmead, revealed that after traveling in the identical OceanGate submarine, the encounter was deepened with loss of life just days earlier than it exploded.

The content creator shared a fascinating video of his time on board, zooming in on the infamous online gaming controller used to control the 22-foot submarine.

During a routine technical dive, one of the many two computer systems that control the submarine was noticed “a bit strange”

He said: “It’s crazy to think that when the weather cleared and the conditions were perfect, Stockton would look at me and say, ‘Do you want to go?’ like the five who perished on the same submarine.

As the self-proclaimed “treasure hunter” prepared for the voyage, alarming ratings revealed that the crew began noticing problems just days before 5 people were killed while diving to see the Titanic.

During a routine maintenance dive, one of the many two computer systems that control the submarine was spotted “having a bit of an effect”.

Due to lack of rudder, rough seas and wind, Jake’s trip was cancelled.

After several days of unsanitary climate, the engineers found that the controls were in good condition to allow the passengers to view the dive 900 meters away.

The crew laughed as the narrow craft plunged nose first into the ocean, but it sure wasn’t long before communication problems with mom started.

“If the fog hadn’t rolled in and canceled the dive, who knows, we might have left that platform and we might have blown up,” Jake added.

Jake said he feels like he dodged a bullet and is heartbroken for divers households.

He said: “I didn’t know these people very well, but they were very nice to me and I lost some friends.”

In the caption of the video, Jake wrote that he didn’t pay for the ticket because he was asked to share his knowledge with his 13.4 million YouTube subscribers.

Jake is believed to be one of a number of people who have had a near miss with the ship, as Ross Kemp turned down the trip after his TV company found the ship to be “unsafe on all levels”.

The 58-year-old British documentary filmmaker wanted to mention the mission a documentary commemorating the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic on its maiden voyage from Southampton in 1912.

After testing by a professional production company, they determined that seeing a shipwreck on the North Atlantic seabed might be too dangerous.

Ross Kemp 58 wanted to include the last 12 months of the mission in a documentary to mark the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.

The Titanic Five died instantly when the submarine suffered a “catastrophic breakup” just 1,600 feet from the bow of the stricken ocean liner, the US Coast Guard said Thursday.

A nerve-wracking search aboard the Titan, a 21-foot submarine operated by OceanGate Expeditions, came to a disastrous end here when the Canadian ship’s remote-controlled submersible detected particles on the ocean floor.

Search and rescue officials say the boys appeared to have died on Sunday — before a Navy plane using sonar buoys detected what they said could be SOS sounds in the water.

The victims include OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush, French Navy veteran Paul Henri (PH) Nargeolet, British billionaire Hamish Harding, Pakistani businessman Shahzad Dawood and his son Suleman, who just turned 19.

“The splash would have produced significant broadband noise that would have been picked up by sonar buoys,” US Coast Guard Vice Admiral John Moger told a news conference today.

It would have been an immediate loss of life for the boys, some of whom paid $250,000 each to witness the well-known shipwreck.

In a heartbreaking blow to their households, counselors say there is little chance of any of their stays being recovered.

“It’s an incredibly brutal environment down there. The wreckage suggests a catastrophic shipwreck. We’ll continue to work and search the area down there, but I don’t have an answer to the outlook at this point,” said Paul Hankin, a deep-sea professional associated with the task.

Related Articles

Back to top button