A Briton has died after falling into a swimming pool at a notorious resort on a Greek holiday island.
The 20-year-old was at a “well-known club” in Lagana, on the Greek island of Zakynthos, when he was passed out in the pool at 10pm last night. ERT Zakynthos.
One of the bar staff reportedly spotted people lying face down in the pool and alerted a lifeguard.
The man, described by local reports as either British or Irish, was pulled from the water and revived, but he was pronounced dead after being taken by non-public ambulance to Zakynthos Hospital.
The bar supervisor advised the native newspaper Topontics the person has not drowned and safety measures are in place.
The 20-year-old was at a “well-known club” in Lagana, on the Greek island of Zakynthos, when he handed out prizes in the pool on the final night at 10pm (Lagana file picture).
A devastated membership owner told a local television station: “The man entered the pool and moved from one side of the pool to the other. The bartender noticed him and he or she was concerned because they thought he was very pale.
He stated that they were called paramedics and the person was resuscitated because they thought he was useless. Since the person was unresponsive, he additionally used a defibrillator.
The owner of the membership added: “We tried three times but it definitely didn’t make any difference and then he was taken to the hospital. We are all shocked and shocked. I’ve been doing this job for 40 years and this is the first time anything like this has happened.
A post-mortem examination will be carried out in the metropolis of Patras to find out the reason for the loss of life of the youngest Briton.
Zante police are investigating to find out what happened and spoke to the member’s manager and staff.
Earlier this month, a 64-year-old British holidaymaker was discovered by various holidaymakers on Alykanas beach in Zakynthos.
The incident happened at 9:15 a.m. local time on Friday, June 9, and EMS and Coast Guard personnel were quickly on the scene.
The man was taken to Zakynthos General Hospital, where he was later declared unfit.
Reports indicate that there was no lifeguard on the beach at the time of the incident.
Zakynthos Port Authority is conducting a preliminary investigation.